Next Club Meeting
October 16, 2014 6:30pm at The Hotel Millersburg
The 2014 Ride Schedule is Posted.
Check out the forum thread for the details.
Ride/Vehicle Requirement changes starting in 2014
A/T (all terrain) and street tires will not be permitted on the trail system.
All vehicles must have a working CB radio.
All vehicles will be inspected before the ride starts.
Ride Requirements and Regulations
- NO ALCOHOL ON THE TRAILS
- No exceptions. You will be asked to leave the property.
- SEAT BELTS REQUIRED
- All vehicle occupants must wear seat belts when the vehicle is in motion on a trail, road or at camp.
- RELEASE WAIVER REQUIRED
- All drivers and passengers are required to sign a release before participating in any event on the property.
- NO PETS
- For the safety of your pet and other participants, please let them at home
- NO NIGHT WHEELING
- ABSOLUTELY no night runs without approval of the board. The club strives to maintain a good relationship with neighboring property owners, and having wheelers wander around (typically lost) at night does not help. Occasionally the board may organize a planned, guided night run on particular trails. This is the only time night wheeling is permissible. If you break down, please inform a board member, appropriate actions will be taken. Your rig will be OK over night and recovery can occur in the light.
- NO DAMAGE TO TREES
- The land owners make their living off of timber. Destruction or damage of valuable trees will not be tolerated. All winching should be done using high quality tree straps. If you get in a situation that prevents travel, prevents your travel on the trail because your vehicle is too wide/tall/short, under-equipped, disabled, etc. you cannot remove, destroy, or damage the tree, boulder, etc. without prior approval of the land owners.
- NO WHEELING ALONE
- Jamboree rides will be guided. Occasionally due to break-downs, incompatible vehicle capabilities or schedules the group will get separated. At No time should you wheel alone. You must have two vehicles in your group and proceed directly to an exit or meeting point.
- NO UNAUTHORIZED WHEELING OR TRESPASSING
- Trails are on private property. Stillwell Stompers is the only club permitted to use the land. Anyone attempting unauthorized use of the land will be turned over to local authorities.
- STAY ON THE TRAILS
- Do not make your own trail, short cut corners, exits or create new by-passes.
- Use good wheeling practices to maintain visual contact with the vehicle in front of and behind you. If you are unsure of the direction, contact others in your group via CB. Trails do come very close to private property that is not accessible to the club and there are other private trails in the area that are not authorized.
- CLEAN UP ALL SPILLS
- Clean up any fluid or oil spills.
- NO ALL TERRAIN VEHICLES
- No ATV’s, UTV’s, Side-by-Sides or motorcycles are permitted during Jamboree weekends. The property does host an annual all terrain vehicle ride separate from the 4X4 rides.
- RESPECT OTHER CAMPERS
- Keep camp noise to a reasonable level. there typically will be a group campfire. Do not create other camp fire rings or start fires without express permission.
- DO NOT LITTER
- You must pack-out all trash - this applies to the trails and camp site. Do not leave your trash, including cigarette butts, on the trail. Pack out your trash that you create at camp.
- TREAD LIGHTLY
- Please review and follow tread lightly guidelines.
- SEAT BELTS REQUIRED.
- All vehicles must have factory seat belts or properly installed aftermarket racing harnesses for each occupant. Seat belts must be worn any time the vehicle is in motion.
- All vehicles must be equipped with 4WD-Low range and be in good working order. All trails require modified capabilities. VERY few trails are passable by stock 4WD vehicles.
- Factory equipped roll cages or hard-tops are the minimum requirement for any trail.
- Vehicles attempting the extreme trails should have a properly anchored, full roll cage covering all occupants.
- 31” or taller M/T tires are required for Jeep style vehicles. 33” and taller tires are recommended.
29" or taller M/T tires are required for Sami style vehicles. No A/T or street tires permitted on the trail system.
- Front and rear tow hooks, properly mounted to the frame are required.
- Each vehicle must have a working fire extinguishers
- Vehicles must be insured and licensed. Township, County and State routes roads are used to access the trails, all drivers are responsible for legal operation
- A Working CB Radio is required in all vehicles
- First Aide Kit
- Synthetic rope or safety weight for the winch cable
- Tools for repair of your vehicle
- High lift or bottle jack
- Spare parts
- Tie rods, axle shafts, U-joints (plus u-joint straps or bolts),drive shafts, and hubs are the most common parts to break
- Clean up rags and fluid absorbent mats
Stillwell Stompers 4X4 Club has access to over 3000 acres of privately owned land used for logging and hunting. We are the only club permitted to use this land. Anyone caught on the land other than Stillwell Stompers 4X4 Club sanctioned events will be prosecuted.
The monthly meetings are open to the public as a way for you to introduce yourself and to get to know us. Meeting attendance is not required for membership. Check the forum member's only forum thread for meeting time and location.
Register on this site to gain access to the forum member's only forum threads.
Dues are due on Jan. 1st and are currently $50 per membership per year.
Any member whose dues are three months in arrears shall be dropped from the organization and will be required to pay a $10 reinstatement fee.
2014 Trail Ride Schedule
The 2014 trail ride schedule is now available. We will have 11 club rides and 2 2-Day Jamboree Rides. The Club Rides are for members and invited guests. The only rides open to non-club members are the Jamboree Rides scheduled for June 14th & 15th and August 23rd & 24th, 2014. All proceeds from these 2 rides will go to trail and property improvements or a charity to be determined later. The cost will be $40 per vehicle. A sign-up page and more information will be posted on the web site in the near future. The ATV ride will be on April 26, 2014.
Be sure to check this page and the Forum often to get the latest club news and happenings! Our club is only as good as its members!